Thursday, May 25, 2017

Thoroughly Poetical Thursday


Well, it are Thursday and dat means it are poet-tree time. And dis week it are a challenge - da letter are X.  I coulda done xylophone, eggsept I are not really shure what dat are. I coulda done x-ray, but who wants to think about da V-E-T? I coulda done eXceptional or eXtraordinary or eXcellent (all woulda been poems about yours truly), but it felt kinda like cheatin. Den it hit me, momma has been goin on all week bout dis Pirates movie, and she even dressed me up in a piratical bandana today.  So it has to be . . .

X Marks Da Spot by Travis Ford

"X marks the spot" is what pirates claim
When huntin da treasure are your game
Jewels and coins and bullion are all fine
I wants riches of anudder kind
Bacon and shrimp are what I'd plunder
Tuna and steaks, oh what a wonder
If "X marks the spot" den it must be
On top of the fridge for pirate me


Crockett are a pirate too!


Angie had to go to da vet today for a shot - and no panic attacks or seizures!!  Yay!!


Well, it duzn't quite measure up to da treasures described in my poem, but a good box is always appreciated . . .


34 comments:

  1. Travis, that is a mighty fine and eXceptional poem. We like your pirate bandanas as well. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an eXcellent poem! I hope you find those treasures :) I love your banadanas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pirate type poem....and those furry faces.....wow!

    Shoko

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always figured you and Crockett were a bit pirate-y! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travis, you just solved a riddle for us. Mom won't let us get on top of the fridge! It's because that is where the X is marking the spot of all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can picture you plundering the bacon & shrimp!
    Great news for Angelique not having any problems at the vet's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    OMC Travis, I do believe that is your bestest poem yet!!! Bravo and hoorah... Crockett, however, is looking less than impressed at the idea of piracy... hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh count me in for plundering bacons and shrimpies! Love your X poem and I'm sure Angel Sammy did too. You guys always have a SUPER DUPER good poem for the challenge every week. Wouldn't it be fun to be a pirate for a day (or two)?! Glad to her Angie did alright with her shot.....

    Love, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good job you all did with the X poem. Well done. You are sure are looking good with your pirate scarfs. You all have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great poetry and we are so glad Angie is doing okey dokey
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only we could get on the fridge! Do you get to reach down and get treats?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your poy-eem. You are Excellent and boy, are you ever a handsome Pirate of the Texas State of Kitty. I can't make it to the fridge though. Wish I could. All kinds of things to knock off to the back were mom can't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was an X-cellent poem, Travis. Now we're gonna go hunt for some buried treasure...like nip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure made your X to mark your treasure desires, Travis! Great poetry composing!

    For sme reason we have not tried to get on the fridge...yet...but at 12 we prolly won't.MOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maurice used to be King of the Fridge - now it's me. Crockett and Angie don't really get up there.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. I just wish I could get all da foods I menshuned!

      Delete

Meow! Leave me a comment, I luvs to read dem. Not as much as I luv bacon, but I do luvs em.