Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Vet Visit


Well, today I went to da vet. It wuzn't too bad - da vet Dr. Caleb and da vet tech Brooke seemed pretty nice. Well, for vets anyways, MOL. I wuz my normal well-behaved self - I never give da vets any attitude. My heart rate and blood pressure were a bit high, but that wuz probably da stress. Momma brought in a sample of my nasty bloody diarrhea and dey are gonna run some tests on it. Dey also stole some of my bloods and my pee (which wuz highly concentrated and maybe had a lil blood in it) for tests. Da results are being sent off since they are a lil more accurate than running them in-house and dey are supposed to be back tomorrow (or Friday at da absolute latest). Dey also weighed me - I am down to 10.5 pounds. I wuz 13.2 in March and 14.8 at my highest, so I has lost a LOT of weight very quickly. Da vet felt my tummy and didn't feel any tumors, but that doesn't rule out da dreaded C-word either.

We are gonna have to wait until then to start figguring out what might be wrong. Da vet thought da parasites were unlikely since I are an inside-only guy and that it probably wuzn't a food insensitivity since I eat a high-quality wet food and mix up proteins. Da numbers will tell us more and maybe help da vet rule out some things. But I might need some more diagnostics like an ultrasound - kinda depends on what da tests say and if I respond well to whatever treatments they are gonna try (like steroids to help wif inflammayshun). So momma drove me home and we just hung out this afternoon which wuz nice. We're hoping we can get this figgered out (and hopefully resolved) soon.  

32 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, we sure hope and pawray it will be figured out...so you can go back to being Travis, that healthy kitty.

    Maybe those steroids will give you a boost in the right direction. Seems like the new vet is a good one:)

    POTP sweet guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending you good thoughts for good results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    POTP x 87... and super extra hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum and I are sending lots pf love and purrs to you Travis. Paws crossed for good results from the tests that will lead to a good solution for you.
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did good on my tests, but we are still trying to figure out what are going on.

      Delete
  5. Purrs and prayers for good reports from your tests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're still having problems, Travis. An ultrasound may be very helpful in discovering what might be going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I may end up having one if I don't respond to da steroids.

      Delete
  7. Purrs for you sweet Travis, waiting for those results is so tough, especially for your Mom. We hope they are able to figure something out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you tons of healing hugs, Travis. Big hug to your mom too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are always in our purrayers Travis. Feel better soon. Big hugs

    Luvs ya'

    RaenaBelle and Zebby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why DO they do that? Steal our blood, I mean. And what do they do with it after they steal it? MOUSES!

    I want you to know that I'm here purrin' and purrin' AND PURRIN' your doctor will figure everythin' out and make you all better really, really soon. Take care, my pal. PURRS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they send it somewhere there are "outages." MOL.

      Delete
  11. Sending you and your momma more potps and hugs. Friday can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Travis we are still sending purrayers and Power of the Paw and will even throw in some MooseMagic (which is an Elkhound thing). Hopefully all those tests will find a pfoblem that can be fixed/cured/made better ASAP !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying you get some answers and that you have something easy to treat. XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok Travis. Jasper here (the new cat at the home of the late Fluffy & Alex). LisaMom & I are sending you Power of the Paw & I am purrin' purrin' purrin' for the problem to be found & easily resolved!! PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete

Meow! Leave me a comment, I luvs to read dem. Not as much as I luv bacon, but I do luvs em.