Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Vaccines Galore?

 

So vaccines are kinda in da news now. Lots humans want a COVID vaccine and a few of da crazy ones think dat they're really planting tracking chips or somefin like dat.


When it comes to us kitties, my momma kinda falls in da middle. She are not an "anti-vaxxer," but she also duzn't like overvaccination. Which brings us to today . . .


I had to go into da vet for my annual exam today. If ya remember, we had to change vets (in da middle of COVID) due to some longstanding issues wif my previous vet. I needed bloodwork and a urinalysis (after all my problems last fall, we need to make sure my PeeH (see what I did there, hee hee) are good. I wuz also do a FRCVP booster. And I'm gonna hafta have my first ever tooth cleaning later this month. Da one thing I didn't need wuz my rabies, since I got a 3-year rabies shot back in July. But da mommas are still not allowed as da vet is strictly curbside service. And I guess somebody didn't read the chart right, becuz I also got a 1-year rabies vaccination today. So I guess I really won't be rabid. Momma is not happy, but I don't seem to be having any bad side effects, so she's not worried since she understands it must happen (shelters, people getting a cat without knowing their vaccination history, etc). But since I had to get a totally unnecessary shot, I think I deserve some extra bacon or tuna or SOMETHING! Well, at least da vet said I had very nice fur.

26 comments:

  1. Bowie, getting a needle is not fun and getting one you don’t need...well, that happens (both Jo Jo and Kozmo). It was the rabies too! We think extra treats is always in order. We love your new background! And your valentine bandanas! Have a marvellously Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you are OK after getting a needle you already had!
    You are super protected Travis.
    Also, you are still looking good ;)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was not good that you had an extra rabies shot. As it is kerbside pick up they should read the records more carefully when the parents aren't there to tell them.
    Some of the conspiracy theories are ridiculous. I don't like shots but want my Covid one to try and get back to some sort of normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea, lots of extra bacon should be there all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dood....damn strait extree bacon iz called for....we getted de three yeer az well pluz all that fancee name stuffz...we iz knot big inta any kinda vaccine & de gurl iz knot either... we hope bye de time ewe see thiz post ewe haz all reddy con soomed 5 poundz oh de baconz :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bowie, we hope that you were treated with lots of delicious bacon when you got home. We hope it will be better the next visit there. Have a great rest of your day.
    World of Animals Rittenhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it wuz me, Travis, dat got da bonus shot. Next time it are a tooth cleaning.

      Delete
  7. You definitely deserve extra bacon. I hate that most vets won't let pet parents in. They best not charge for something you didn't need. Most places switched back to once a year because it is the new shot less likely to cause cancer at the site. The 3 yr is only for dogs, but most vets are willing to do it for cats if you ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the vet said they usually do the one year and recommend that, but it wuz the other vet at the practice who gave me the 3 year last summer. When I'm due another one (not any time soon!), we'll probably go for the one-year.

      Delete
  8. We neffur heard of a three-year shot here in Israel. It would be great if all the other stabs were also once in three years but since We have to go anyway, We prefurr not to have mega-doses of ANY vaccine.
    As for making pet pawrents wait outside while their furbabies are examined - We think that's Outrageous! They wouldn't do that with Human Children!!!
    You definitely should get Extra Bacon as Compensation for being stabbed unnecessarily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, momma hates having to wait outside, especially when miscommunications like this happen.

      Delete
  9. We got the 2 year last time and Dad says no more of anything other than Rabies from now on. I seem to have a small bump from my last shot and Dad is still worried

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't seem to have any bad effects from the extra shot, but I coulda done without it! Hope that bump isn't anything bad.

      Delete
  10. My human really loathes the current veterinary protocols and thinks it really harms some pets that don't get proper care. She understands why they have to do it this way, but there has to be something that works better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're just hoping this will end soon. Angelique is overdue for a vet visit, but she has had panic seizures at the vet and does SO much better when her momma goes in with her. We may try to explain that and see if they'll make an exception.

      Delete
  11. At least my vet has a very small office,and he does let the peeps go in with the furs. Though if there is someone in the lobby, or the waiting room, the others have to wait till they leave.

    Sorry you got a stab you didn't need Travis. Sheesh, someone needs a reprimand for not paying enough attention.

    ReplyDelete

Meow! Leave me a comment, I luvs to read dem. Not as much as I luv bacon, but I do luvs em.